The thought of scaling down to one single idea for my own work terrifies me. I have so many differing interests I have struggled to concentrate and dive deep into a single medium or concept. This lack of decisiveness is really starting to irritate me. There is too much creative build up and I therefore find myself unable to concentrate on any one thing.
Listed below are three different illustrators whose use of color fascinates me. Enjoy :-)
First, Wayne Thiebaud. He was previously an illustrator for Disney, instructed art, and is still working today as a painter. I was lucky enough to view his work in person and since then have been obsessed with his painting technique. All around his unique vivacity of color fascinates me, but that becomes exceptionally true when looking at the colors used for highlights and shadows.
Listed below are three different illustrators whose use of color fascinates me. Enjoy :-)
First, Wayne Thiebaud. He was previously an illustrator for Disney, instructed art, and is still working today as a painter. I was lucky enough to view his work in person and since then have been obsessed with his painting technique. All around his unique vivacity of color fascinates me, but that becomes exceptionally true when looking at the colors used for highlights and shadows.
Second, Steven Pattison has a history in graphic design but now works as an illustrator. He mixes his design background with unique compositions, quality drawing technique, interesting use of colour and collaging.
Third is Stina Persson who is an illustrator from Sweden. She completes work for Coca Cola, DKNY, Vogue magazine, Elle UK and more than a dozen other large companies. She is known for her bold watercolor and strong use of negative space.






Love your choices of artists and their work--will you use some of these in your unit planning?
ReplyDeleteLove Thiebaud!! He reminds me of Italy and singing in Bologna with you! By looking at your three artists I can tell that you are attracted to vivid colors, and expressive line. Beautiful!
ReplyDelete