What do I already know about my own writing process?
I always create an outline, a reference page, quote page, and a rough draft. I re-read and re-edit this draft a good 5 times and hand it off to someone else to edit. After receiving feedback, I complete a final draft. I usually need to work in one sitting if possible and for longer papers/writings I need LARGE chunks of time in order to be productive. I am easily distracted if I do not have much time to commit to writing...with a constant "to do list" (like everyone) I cannot concentrate if I could be accomplishing 3 smaller tasks in that same 30 minutes.
What kinds of audiences have I written for? In what genres have I written?
- business letters
- current employers
- first person
- third person
- fictional
- compare/contrast
- persuasive
- inner-monologue
- essay
- poetry
- speech
- debate
- lesson plan
- research papers
- short story
- picture book
- brochure/newsletter
- timeline
- News article
- artist critique
- artist statement
- comic strip
- digital presentations
- Interviews
- worksheets/tests/surveys
- resume
- proposal
Audiences: peers, loved ones, public, people above me (bosses), classes/teachers, self, potential employers, debates, newspaper (high school), etc.
Questions I have about writing research?
How many sources should be used on average?
Is there a standard formula or traditional layout that is used?
Are there rules and regulations for this type of paper?
How would I like to spread my research?
I would like this research to spread by putting it into action within the 4 high schools of the North Kansas City Public School district.
I always create an outline, a reference page, quote page, and a rough draft. I re-read and re-edit this draft a good 5 times and hand it off to someone else to edit. After receiving feedback, I complete a final draft. I usually need to work in one sitting if possible and for longer papers/writings I need LARGE chunks of time in order to be productive. I am easily distracted if I do not have much time to commit to writing...with a constant "to do list" (like everyone) I cannot concentrate if I could be accomplishing 3 smaller tasks in that same 30 minutes.
What kinds of audiences have I written for? In what genres have I written?
- business letters
- current employers
- first person
- third person
- fictional
- compare/contrast
- persuasive
- inner-monologue
- essay
- poetry
- speech
- debate
- lesson plan
- research papers
- short story
- picture book
- brochure/newsletter
- timeline
- News article
- artist critique
- artist statement
- comic strip
- digital presentations
- Interviews
- worksheets/tests/surveys
- resume
- proposal
Audiences: peers, loved ones, public, people above me (bosses), classes/teachers, self, potential employers, debates, newspaper (high school), etc.
Questions I have about writing research?
How many sources should be used on average?
Is there a standard formula or traditional layout that is used?
Are there rules and regulations for this type of paper?
How would I like to spread my research?
I would like this research to spread by putting it into action within the 4 high schools of the North Kansas City Public School district.
No comments:
Post a Comment